STUART’S PRIORITIES for DISTRICT 33:
Continue to Work on Securing the Funding to Replace the I-10 Bridge
Protect Higher Education and TOPS
Stop Cuts to Healthcare
Protect 2nd Amendment Rights
Develop Our Workforce to Sustain the Southwest Louisiana Economic Boom
STUART MOSS is our State Representative. As our voice in Baton Rouge, Stuart has stood up for our Southwest Louisiana values and protected our Louisiana businesses.
In 2019, State Representative Moss:
- Voted to protect our 2nd Amendment rights
- Voted to protect the unborn
- 100% support of Louisiana small businesses
- Authored legislation to remove state taxes on the purchase of handicap vehicles, which was passed and signed into law
- Authored legislation to strengthen suicide prevention training for teachers, which was passed and signed into law
- Forced the Louisiana Board of Physical Therapy to become compliant in dealing with sexual assault of patients and called for an overhaul of their State Board
- Fought for more local voice in the ITEP decisions
His love for his community is second to none.
Stuart is the owner of SSRM Credit Services and has built his business for the last 35 years. Stuart has been honored with serving on the Boys Village Board for 25 years and the Sowela Community College Foundation Board for 10 years. He also has served in numerous capacities for the West Cal Chamber Board, local and statewide positions for the Optimist Club, United Way committees, Krewe de La Louisiane Mardi Gras Association, as well as many other charity boards. This has given him untold opportunities of serving with fellow business leaders throughout Southwest Louisiana. Stuart is also actively involved in business mentoring of students through McNeeseʼs School of Business.
Stuart is married to Virginia “Ginger” Lancaster. He has one son Stuart Moss, II; three stepsons Nick, Bryan, and Garrett Nash; and two grandchildren. The Moss family attends Church of the King and in his spare time, Stuart enjoys spending time with his family, playing golf, reading and serving his community.